[Vision2020] ID's GOP Continues Special Interest Tax-Payer Funded Give-Away

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 12 19:42:06 PST 2013

Huh -- given the way education, health care, etc. have been gutted here, I
had no idea we had sufficient funds to support more tax exemptions for
religious for-profit businesses that seek to deny women access to our
Constitutionally-guaranteed reproductive options.

Of course, given that Risch voted AGAINST the federal VAWA, I suppose I
shouldn't be disappointed or disgusted, but I am both.

Now, which party is it that claims to be fiscally responsible???  It
certainly cannot be the GOP in Idaho, at least, not with any credibility.
_______

Anti-abortion tax exemption clears Idaho House

A tax break sought by an anti-abortion pregnancy center in Boise cleared the
House on a near party-line vote.

The measure to benefit Stanton Health Care by giving such clinics a sales
tax exemption passed Tuesday on a 58-12 vote.

All supporters except one were Republican, with Rep. Carolyn Meline from
Pocatello the lone Democratic backer.

Stanton and its founder, anti-abortion activist Brandi Swindell, want the
exemption after they had to pay thousands in back sales taxes.

Supporters called it good public policy, while foes objected to carving out
a tax exemption on the divisive issue of terminating a pregnancy.

Last year, Swindell gained attention by staging a live Capitol ultrasound
demonstration _ in support of an unsuccessful measure to require women
seeking an abortion to get an ultrasound screening.