[Vision2020] Fwd: Idaho Health Care

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Mon Dec 23 15:19:13 PST 2013

FINALLY !

Somebody with a conscience that gives a damn!

As you suggest, Maree, I will copy, paste, and send to every media source on my Rolodex .

Before any of our state legislators vote against extending Medicaid, they should spend a couple days in the ICU waiting room at Sacred Heart and talk with some of those friends and family members who, in addition to potentially losing a loved one, may not financially survive the aftermath.  I did . . . for 16 hours a day, seven days a week, for five weeks from 12/15/2011 thru 1/20/2012.

My wife and I were fortunate.  We have Tri-Care, another one of them government-run health insurance programs.  I wish I could say the same about a 70-something cancer survivor who was at Sacred Heart to watch her brother die . . . whose health insurance "expired" two weeks earlier.  Or the 80-something that was there to say good-bye to a friend he had known since grade school . . . whose policy terminated unexplicably.  Or the 30-something who was there waiting and hoping for her husband to survive a life-threatening car accident, who was unemployed.

The ICU waiting room at Sacred Heart . . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_evAn0ZLQfY

Sidebar:  A special, heart-felt thanks to my Intolerista buddies who emailed me regularly while I was there, keeping me focused and grounded.  Thanks, guys.

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com

But first you must learn to smile as you kill,

- John Lennon

Begin forwarded message: