[Vision2020] GPS Tracking and Secret Policies

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Aug 18 09:14:50 PDT 2013

Sunil -

I totally oppose "extraordinary rendition" as defined by your link/source:

"Beginning in the early 1990s and continuing to this day, the Central Intelligence Agency, together with other U.S. government agencies, has utilized an intelligence-gathering program involving the transfer of foreign nationals suspected of involvement in terrorism to detention and interrogation in countries where -- in the CIA's view -- federal and international legal safeguards do not apply. Suspects are detained and interrogated either by U.S. personnel at U.S.-run detention facilities outside U.S. sovereign territory or, alternatively, are handed over to the custody of foreign agents for interrogation. In both instances, interrogation methods are employed that do not comport with federal and internationally recognized standards. This program is commonly known as 'extraordinary rendition.'"

By simply transferring control of a prisoner to a third-party nation where certain restrictions do not apply, so that techniques (in violation of the Geneva Convention) may be applied, DOES NOT release those U.S. government agencies from responsibilities associated with those techniques.

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon