[Vision2020] It's Time for an Honest Conversation About Marijuana . . .

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Tue Aug 13 12:09:46 PDT 2013

And Saundra, based on what you wrote, the "insane sentencing of women", do you think there should be sentencing based on gender? And if it's OK to sentence those convicted of a crime based on gender, why not race? There is a reason that justice is depicted wearing a blindfold. Neither race, nor gender, nor religion, nor socio-economic status   is a valid reason for a sentence to be varied one way or the other. The law should be the law for all.

I personally think the original sentence she got was ridiculous, BUT, that was the sentencing she was given, by law, within the jurisdiction she lived.
IF the people of Oklahoma don't like the laws, then THEY should change them, and vote accordingly when their elected representatives come up for re-election at the polls.
And if you're wondering, I don't vote based on party affiliation, especially with the incumbents.  I base my vote on what they have done, or not done while in office.

A current example that was in todays paper are the new baseball fields that the tax payers are going to foot the 3 million dollar bill for. First, do I think we can use proper
baseball fields here in Moscow? Yes, I do.  Can we afford them right now? No, I don't think so. What this action tells me as a tax payer, is that both the City Council, and the School Board give those fields a 3 million dollar priority, and that THE BEST use of 3 million dollars is for sports fields.  That's fine, as I believe that is what they seriously think. I don't however think that THE BEST use of 3 million dollars, given the state of the school buildings here in Moscow. So, based on that, when the School Board comes looking for a rate increase, I'll vote no, and will not vote for the members of either the City Council nor the School Board  that think the number one priority is sports fields over school buildings.

Wayne