[Vision2020] Just a topic for discussion..........."Megaloads"

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Tue Aug 6 16:10:42 PDT 2013

It is NOT the design of US 12 that troubles the tribal council.

The Nez Perce signed a treaty with the US federal government 150 (ONE HUNDRED FIFTY) years ago that defined the boundaries of the Nez Perce reservation (long before US12 was installed).

A portion of US12 is located on the Nez Perce reservation.  An an agreement (again, that dang treaty) requires Nez Perce Tribal Council approval BEFORE such items as the megaload can proceed onto tribal land.

Ok?