[Vision2020] Food drive from the Marines

Matt Decker mattd2107 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 21 19:20:32 PDT 2013

I have to say I'm really frustrated by this site. When I joined 14 years ago, the emphasis was based around local issues. You know, how to better our community and all that bullshit. However, this site has become more biased or leaned towards a partisan basis.

Two days ago I posted how the Marines of the Palouse were conducting a food drive in which "us local Marines" would hike the food over to Pullman from Moscow on our backs. Not one of you on this blog posted a reply. Bull shitters is my first response. We did have 35 participants show up with over 400 lbs of food however. No thanks to this site. Well let me backtrack a step, Sunil donated food and we really apprieciated his donation.

I have been a part of this site for years, sometimes vocal and sometimes as an observer. However, I've always given 100%. My schedule is always busy in the summer months but seem to ask people to join me for a beer. Discuss topics and all. I've had three people agree to that beer(Sunil, Keely, and Joe) the rest ignored me.

For the last year I have observed the comments and held my tongue. No longer. I won't leave this site until I'm ready but I won't hold my tongue in fear of slanderous comments upon my business. I hope for the best for all of you and hope the same for me. No more.

Paul has posted thoughtful comments in which you could tell he had the intentions of a productive "anti violence solution". In response to him was a feel or notion of him being a gun loving nut. Wise up people. Pistols kill more than any other gun. Stopping "assualt weopon" sales won't do shit. Period......... Let's listen to each other and put our opinions aside to solve this problem. Attcking each other does( in the great words of Chris Farley, "jack squat").

I joined this blog thinking we all have a respected opinion, or at least a chance of. the idea. The reign of Tom, Deco, and Nick needs to stop, or at least honor what this site is. A place where different opinions come upon common ground. Don't bullshit me about open minds when you can't back it up.

MD