[Vision2020] How many more rounds are we going to let this go on for?

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Fri Apr 12 12:43:56 PDT 2013

Uh, Paul - perhaps I'm missing your point, but I really don't understand
your post below.

Did you miss the fact that the rally at Friendship Square was a public
statement against gun violence?  Which, BTW, is why it was so stupid of
those maroons to show up to protest.  Surely they don't support gun
violence, do they?  Or, maybe they do . . . maybe their intellect has been
so poisoned by the NRA & 2A propaganda that they don't realize that
demonstrating against those who are against gun violence is ridiculous.

Also, do you think strengthening background checks only applies to long
guns?  That's certainly not the message I got from reading the proposals,
but if you understand something different, please do share.

And, do you not think limiting the sizes of clips applies to handguns?

What about closing the gun show loophole and putting in some specific and
stronger penalties for straw purchasers - do you think neither of those
apply to handguns?

Finally, you wrote:

"I guess nobody gets fired up about the 17 (on average) people of all ages
that are killed by handguns every day in the U.S"

That's utter rot, but I suspect you know that.  Do you think those of us
against gun violence just started our battle after the SHES shooting?  If
so, I can only suggest that you stop keeping your head where the sun don't
shine and get out of your echo chamber because clearly neither are good for
you!

Saundra

Moscow, ID

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

~ Aesop (The Lion and the Mouse)