[Vision2020] Guess who wants to legalize medical marijuana . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Apr 5 15:45:33 PDT 2013

Courtesy of the Tea Party at:

http://tinyurl.com/ckbfdrl

-------------------------------------

Legalization of Medical Cannabis in all States.
Posted by Ken Locke on December 25, 2012 at 2:30pm
I would like to start this Discussion/Forum concerning the Laws / "Drug War" that has been dismantling our Country and People and Our Constitution, for the past 70 plus years.
Weather you do or dont smoke.
Weather you know some that does or does not.

This is my testimony.

Why I Rode across the United States by bicycle for Medical Patients Rights??
As a young boy growing up in Bloomington Illinois, I Knew of the existence of Cannabis, Marijuana, Pot,  MaryJane, Etc. (there are many slang names for this one plant). Many older Adults smoked it  and as the years passed, they became moms and dads that had lots of healthy, smart children.
And more years passed, it was my turn to test out the big world of being an individual, a young adult, a person, an adventurer doing what most if not all young people do in the process of going up. Parties, Social Interaction,Exploring, Drugs.
"Drugs", as we know come in many forms and cause many different effects. During my years of growing up, I witnessed all the different effects that each drug had on individuals. After experimenting and understanding my share, I found that the safest of any drug known was Marijuana compared to Alcohol, LSD, Cocaine, and, Legal but also dangerous Prescription Drugs.
As a teenager, I had heard many times that some folks used Marijuana as a medicine for their injuries,or sicknesses which were present everywhere in different forms from physical, emotional, to physiological . People of all ages, Yes! All Ages!. As kids, we just understood it as something to smoke and get high, not really understanding the medical sense or use of the plant at the time.
As the years passed, A day arrived that I would never forget. In November of 2001, while  cutting down trees , A tree top (8ft long) broke out of a 100 foot tall popular tree, and fell striking me in the right side of my head, making a pretty good hole. Although I was unconscious, I was told(months later) that when they took me up the road to the hospital, blood was pouring out of the ambulance door and onto the street.
After two hours at our local hospital  the air ambulance (MAMA) flew in and picked me up. They took me to the Asheville Hospital. I was knocked out during the whole event and effectively did not reawaken until 3 days later, after which I was told I had gone though reconstructive skull surgery due to a bad injury I had been though.
Apparently, when the tree limb struck, it shattered the right front section of my skull. With the super-skills of the doctors at the Asheville Hospital, they removed that section of the skull and removed the mess that was on my brain(3 hematomas).  They rebuilt the section they removed, which was close to the size of a cigarette pack, They reattached it and sewed my face back on.
After hearing this, and really not knowing where I was or what had happened or why I was strapped down? I asked for a mirror to see what happened to me. Wow! There where tubes coming out of my head all over the place. Wow again. Plus 12 screws and 6 steels plates to hold it all back together! Triple Wow! At that point I knew my life had changed But I thanked God that I was alive :o)
After a few more days in bed with tubes, the doctors came in and started removing the tubes Yea :) It was time to get up!?. It was time to get busy living or get busy dying. I choose Living.
:o)
The doctors were amazed, The next day with no straps holding me down, no tubes coming out of my skull, I was shuffling my feet and moving upright. It was most difficult to move my feet: Everything was a relearn. That tree must have hit me pretty hard. It was estimated by the weight of the tree limb and the distance it fell, I took roughly a 4,500 lbs blow to the head/skull.  By day 7, I was easing my way out the door(couple inches at a time) of the hospital on my way home to heal. They wanted me to stay, but I wanted to go home.
All the doctor visits that followed, I learned that there will be effects that follow, such a head injury. Headaches, Seizures, Facial Nerve and Tissue Damage, Drowling from both injury and surgery. I had to Relearn things just to function.
They straight up told me that most people don't live though such an event and if they do they are usually pretty messed up.
I was prescribed several medications for pain, and was told I may have to take them for a long time, which in fact, it was no more than two weeks, I had seen for myself, that these prescribed drugs were doing me no good for I was not able to fully function. "Think" is not the right word; I could clearly see them not helping me in healing. I stopped the pain medication and dumped it in the toilet. I felt bad enough, I did not need some so called medication making me feel worse.
I experienced two seizures(gran mal) and was prescribed anti seizure medications which was to prevent any more seizures from occurring, but in reality the effect of the medication WAS daily nausea, severe depression, loss of appetite, and  more weight loss. Each morning I  awoke in a cloudy fog, I researched the medication that I was prescribed and was floored by the side effects!! (may cause seizures!! Great! I am already dealing with that!!).
After a year of telling the doctors how I was feeling, finally I asked them if we could TRY Medical Marijuana, they told me that there is not enough research!, PLUS their hands are tied. I showed them the information that I had researched, and still their hands were tied because of the DEA's/Govt. scheduling of the plant.
Well, I am the person having to live and deal with these conditions, Since their hands are tied, MINE are not. I removed myself, by my own choosing, from the Prescribed medications for my conditions and replaced them with the Daily use of Medical grade Cannabis.
I took myself off the Prescribed medications for over a year. With only the use of marijuana, I quit having nausea and stomach cramps associated with prescription drugs, my appetite grew, I  gradually gained weight that was almost proper for my height.(Was 183 lbs before injury, after injury went down to 121 lbs,today I'm 151 lbs and still climbing :).
With the help of medical grade cannabis, the Migraine Headaches eased and the sharp pains became far more manageable. Marijuana raised me out of depression and made my facial muscle spasms far less. I also Had Far less drowling. Marijuana helped me get a good nights sleep without the fog of prescription medications.
But unfourtunatly the seizures came back :(  it had been some time since I had them , but they returned. Seizures where hitting me twice a month, almost regular. My friend a top level lawyer (non smoker), said lets go back to the doctor and I will sit with you and get some straight answers.
We did :) after an indepth gentleman discussion, with arguements, I was prescribed Phenobarbital. A pharmacuticle that has a long track and time record in the Drug world, compared to most the newly manufactured drug products.
The doctors opinion was: That the Use of both Medical grade Cannabis and Phenabarbital in combination, would be and make a excellent anti-seizure treatment and  the decision was made to continue with both medical cannabis and phenobarbital usage.
Thank GOD for the plant that was created. I am healthy, functional. Alive and Happy.

I see and know so many people young to old, suffering with pain and discomfort. With the unjust laws against Medical Marijuana, the government sits to the side, watching millions suffer needlessly, while allowing prescribed drugs (man-made) to flood the population. Drugs which have side effects that clearly do not heal, but do cause more harm to the body and leads to  addictions. Addictions that are taking lives daily.
Medical Grade Marijuana used for medical needs should not be inhibited nor denied. This is a plant and a gift given to us by God . A Medical Tool, Yes! A medical tool that was once in Our PDR- Physicians Desk Refernce book for Decades , Medical records, and  in Our history for thousands of years BEFORE the "Drug War" or Government.
My personal experience has convinced me that the cannabis plant must be for the use of all mankind.
As an American Citizen, I call to all people, A Call To End the Lies about Marijuana (A God created Plant) and begin a healthy approach to getting our people off unnecessary prescribed artificial Drugs, to a Natural Healing Process to lift our people to the full understanding and use of this beneficial Plant.
To this end, I rode across the United States of America. In hopes that my bike ride would bring about Public Awareness of the beneficial, healthy effects of medical marijuana.
From the Heart, my testimonial in the presence of God and all.
Ken Locke

Seeya round town, Moscow, because . . .

http://www.MoscowCares.com

"There's room at the top they are telling you still
But first you must learn how to smile as you kill

- John Lennon