[Vision2020] Anti Discrimination Ordinance

Henry D. "Hank" Johnston hearseboy85 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 09:46:46 PDT 2013

Wow, there is just no making anyone happy on this one is there?

The council voted 6-0 in favor of this ordinance (and if you ask the mayor
it was all my fault, which it wasn't).  It was going to pass that way with
our without a parade of speeches that would be no more than political
posturing from both sides.  I can tell you exactly how this would have gone
down had there been testimony - there would have been a ton in favor, Judd
Wilson and Gresham Bouma would have preached about the sin of homosexuality
- and the council would have passed it anyway at 1am.

I applaud the council for making the statement that this was an important
ordinance - a "no brainer" if you will, and it wasn't necessary to discuss
it further.  After all, we've been discussing it for MONTHS in commissions
and committees.  So why drag it out further?

Go, Dan, Go!

All my best,
Henry