[Vision2020] Sixty Years Ago Today (September 23,1952)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Sep 23 11:34:51 PDT 2012

You may be on to something there, Mr. Freitag.

-------------------------------------

What Things Cost in 1952:
http://www.tvhistory.tv/1952%20QF.htm

Car: $1,850
Gasoline: 27 cents/gal
House: $17,000
Bread: 16 cents/loaf
Milk: 96 cents/gal
Postage Stamp: 3 cents
Stock Market: 292
Average Annual Salary: $4,500
Minimum Wage: 75 cents per hour

-------------------------------------

1952 - Top Federal Income Tax Rates
http://federal-income-tax-rates.theblaze.com/l/37/1952

DETAILS
Year	1952
Highest Income Tax Tier	$200,000
Top Rate on Regular Income	91%
Top Rate on Capital Gains	25%

Seeya round town, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com

"We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students.  The college students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)