[Vision2020] FW: Who Dat?

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 19 00:31:59 PDT 2012

"I once sat near a party of obviously well-to-do people at a restaurant, and overheard one among them remark 'I just don’t know how John manages on only $500,000 a year.' ” --Bob Dickow

Image how 80% of the world that lives on less than $1000 a year thinks when they hear Americans making less than $35,000 cannot ends meet? I think it is just the standard of living you are use to having. I would die on $1000 a year. I imagine these people with million dollar homes have a difficult time keeping them when their salaries are slashed in half. They lock themselves into huge financial commitments they should not be, just like everyone else.

I think people should live on less of what they make so they are not unable to live on less if they half to. I try to tell people to live on only 2/3 your take home pay. That way for every two months you work you can be unemployed for one month and still maintain the same lifestyle. Also, buy your stuff, except your house and maybe a car or college education. Don't put it on a credit card and pay interest. Own it 100% or not at all.

Donovan J. Arnold