[Vision2020] Melaleuca

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Fri Sep 14 22:49:13 PDT 2012

Yes, the same. Vandersloot's info is being fed to him from Luna's office, as is  that from DeVries and Goesling. My understanding is much of those data aren't published yet and the SDE won't release them to just anyone. The figures bandied about regarding merit pay could be simply someone's guess but  the impacts of those fund losses from the instructional budgets are being felt all over the state.  Of course the SDE could have released the merit pay funds earlier, but it's in their best interest to hang on to them until after the election, and continue to argue the Union is holding good teachers hostage.

It helps that Senator Cameron rejected Luna' s claim the funds wouldn't go into the education budget should the laws be overturned.

The Trib editorial page had a good response to Luna today. I suppose we'll see Vandersloot's ad in the DN before long. I thought of responding but it's so full of hyperbole and outright falsehoods i don't know where to start.  I think people who read it won't be mislead. Teachers here are staunchly on the side of repeal.

I'm hoping at least some Republican candidates are willing to continue to oppose it, but sadly, their own party turned a lot of them out in the Primary.

Sent from my iPad Sue Hovey