[Vision2020] technology questions

D French dfrench at moscow.com
Fri Sep 14 12:01:07 PDT 2012

Happy (smoky) Friday Visioneers:

I am thinking of joining the 21st century and weighing pros/cons of having a smart phone and/or tablet computer.  I'm interested in hearing of other's experiences with various devices (iOS Vs Android, etc) and carriers (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Credo, others).  What combination of things works reliably around here?  A lesser consideration is to use this technology in very rural Nebraska when I visit family--so what works well out in the boonies?  And, also, what seems to work best with Skype?

Any and all advice will be helpful.  Please contact me off-list (or on-list if you think your advice will be helpful to all).

Thanks,
Dianne French