[Vision2020] Gary Johnson, Libertarian Party Presidential Candidate

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 12 07:30:01 PDT 2012

What would this proof that he would have done something differently look
like?  Some kind of output from a virtual simulation?  Photographs of
newspaper articles from an alternate reality?

I mean, for example, Obama talked a good game - which is why I voted for
him.  He failed miserably (my opinion) in this area, which is one thing
I do know.  To his credit, I haven't seen him campaigning that he would
do anything differently this time around.

So if I want someone who might make changes in this area (not renew the
Patriot Act, do something about Gitmo, etc) all I can go on is to look
at those candidates that have made this issue part of their campaign.
That's Gary Johnson and Ron Paul, and no one else that I've seen.  So I
have to weigh a known quantity (Obama's abysmal record on this issue)
vs. an unknown (what some other candidate claims they will do).  In this
case, it makes sense to vote for someone who takes my main issue that
I'm interested in in this campaign seriously and hope (again) that they
do something about it if elected.

Paul