[Vision2020] Computer contract over estimate

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Mon Oct 29 11:29:29 PDT 2012

On 10/29/2012 10:59 AM, Sue Hovey wrote:
> Then I'm thinking the RFP was written in such a way that only HP in
> Idaho has the capacity to meet its terms.  So sad.  Doesn't seem to
> fit with all the Party rhetoric about protecting small business.  If
> Frontier and US West are local businesses, then so is Walmart.  Thanks
> for the informative response, Kevin.  I'm thinking most Idaho voters
> aren't even aware of this twist.  Few of us find RFPs as exciting as
> James Patterson.

What a thought. So, it is not outside the realm of imagination that we
are living in an "obdurate" past, in a Stephen King sense, in that we've
been here before, and have returned in an attempt to change the outcome
to a more favorable result, but are now finding that the past resists
efforts to change it by making the results of attempted changes even
worse than would have occurred without changes made with a better future
in mind.

For those who don't understand this idea, I refer you to the recent
novel titled 11/22/63, by Stephen King, who writes about the obdurate
nature of the past when it is presented from within itself with changes
affecting what it would otherwise have done.

Ken