[Vision2020] A Thought to Ponder . . ,

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Oct 23 09:32:16 PDT 2012

In my opinion, one of the most thought-provoking movie prologs ever written prefaced a nonfictional movie concerning the biggest and most costly battle of the Vietnam War.

The battle took place in the Ia Drang Valley in November of 1965.

The movie:  "We Were Soldiers Once . . . and Young"

http://www.TomandRodna.com/Speeches/WWSOY_Prolog.mp3

For a long time I have stashed the audio cassettes (11 cassettes, 16 hours in duration) of the reading (by Johnny Heller) of the book "We Were Soldiers Once . . . and Young" on shelves, promising myself that I would convert the cassettes to a series of MP3 files.  I'm finally gettin' around to it. (Hey, it keeps me off the streets, ok?)

Instead of jamming up the Viz with postings of these MP3 files . . . if anybody is interested in copies, give me an off-list shout.

'till then . . .

Seeya at the polls, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com

"We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students.  The college students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)