[Vision2020] Idaho State Legislator Pay

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Oct 22 08:18:53 PDT 2012

Joe -

I fault the current problems (severe hazing of newly assigned personnel into a unit and other"criminal behavior)in the military to King George XLII (George Bush Jr.).

During the height of the war in Iraq, recruiters were struggling to meet quotas and the numbers of newly enlisted recruits could not meet the quantity of troops required to fulfill US commitments overseas.  In order to increase the number of new enlisted, President Bush reduced the entry standards.  Suddenly enlistees could enter the service with one felony waived (depending, of course, on the felony.  Suddenly enlistees could enter the service with body tattoos (a no-no when I enlisted in '69.

Guess what culture, in large cities, provided a virtual wealth of new recruits?
(Hint:  This culture consists virtually of nothing else but members with felony police records and body tattoos)

Gangs!

And when they hooked up at their units . . . well, you get the picture.

Seeya at the polls, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com

"We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students.  The college students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)