[Vision2020] Jon Stewart Jabs Paul Ryan Over Homeless Shelter Photo Op

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Oct 17 14:05:15 PDT 2012

Courtesy of Taking Points Memo at:

(Video)
http://tinyurl.com/cfa2nxn

Jon Stewart Jabs Paul Ryan Over Homeless Shelter Photo Op
Jon Stewart on Tuesday marveled at Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan’s reportedly staged photo op at an Ohio homeless shelter, where he washed already clean dishes.

“Do you know how hard it is to make volunteering at a homeless shelter look like a negative thing?” Stewart said. “And how dead inside does a national presidential campaign make you that you could be handed clean dishes and instead of saying, ‘Uh, you know these are clean right?’ You go, ‘Where’s my scrubby sponge?’”

If Ryan intends to manipulate the public’s emotions with staged photo opportunities, at least do it with a little “oomph,” Stewart added. “Even if you don’t really give a shit about the homeless, at least give a shit about making us think you give a shit. Don’t phone in your cynicism.”

Seeya at the polls, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com

"We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students.  The college students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)