[Vision2020] Dems like secret recordings

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 22:40:26 PDT 2012

But there are two issues. The ethics of the spies and Romney's ethics.

Suppose a similar story but the video was a record of physical abuse. It isn't as if the way we came to know about the abuse could mitigate the level of blameworthiness for the abuse.

To your point: this also has little to do with the ethics of the means of the distribution of knowledge. Right. I'm not condoning those means, just making judgments based on the information.

I can and should always use all of the available information when forming judgments and making decisions.