[Vision2020] Some Thoughts on Legalizing Marijuana . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu Nov 8 08:02:32 PST 2012

Greetings, V-Peeps:

Whether medical/recreational marijuana is legal or not legal will not change my opinion, nor the actions/opinions of anybody else. That has been proven endlessly over the past 40+ years. Prosecuting marijuana related offenses is a revenue issue first and foremost. Safety, children, driving, all these arguments are smoke screens and propaganda marketing. The same arguments were levied about alcohol during prohibition. The reality is, and countless scientific studies have proven that marijuana is no more dangerous than alcohol and cigarettes and yet those vices are very legal. All are bad for your health, no doubt. But human beings choose to partake in these things, like it or not. For the old guard folks who will never accept these modernizations, I'm sorry, but the world will continue to move forward with or without you. The great thing about America is if you don't like or approve of something that is legal, you DON'T have to partake in it. You're still free to live the way you choose as am I. The argument that legalizing MJ tells our kids that it's ok to use it is a cop out. If you're such a poor parent that you cannot teach your child your values or ethics, then you shouldn't have had kids, and I suspect have many other more serious issues at hand than legalized MJ for adults over 21 years old. How have you managed to get this far with alcohol being legal for adults? Cigarettes being legal? Oh, those are ok because you enjoy one or both of them eh? Hypocrisy in parenting. Nice. Like I said, you have more pressing issues you need to deal with. We won't have drunks on every corner as they feared during prohibition. That's been proven. Other than the initial euphoria over gaining a new freedom, this will become as mundane as going to buy a six-pack of beer or a bottle of vodka. The critics I really love though are the old ones who vehemently oppose MJ legalization but are just fine driving around with a beer or whisky in their truck. Love those guys!

Seeya round town, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com