[Vision2020] "I'm In"

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Fri Nov 2 12:31:39 PDT 2012

"I'm In" by Roy Zimmerman
(recorded on October 30, 2012)

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=QCA6nqC7B20

"I'M IN"

In Lordstown, Ohio
We're making cars again
'Cause we will not give up on working women and men

In Norfolk, Virginia
A new teacher's in the class
So another generation can do better than the last

And these are partial victories
But victories nonetheless
And I know we only won them cause enough of us said, "Yes!"

It's a long hard road
With a long steep climb
And a heavy load
For a long, long time

And I'M IN
I'M IN
I'm in for the loss, in for the win
Head to the toes, bones to the skin
I'M IN

And a veteran in Ames, Iowa
She's building her new life
She served her country openly, and came home to her wife

And a baby born in Birmingham
Will have healthcare all his days
Go to college, plan a family, do his country proud always

It's a long hard road
With a long steep climb
And a heavy load
For a long, long time

And I'M IN
I'M IN
I'm in for the loss, in for the win
Head to the toes, bones to the skin
I'M IN

And up in Massachusetts, the Senate candidate
Says, "People have hearts, they have kids, they get jobs, they get sick and they cry
They dance. They live, they love, and they die
And "we don't run this country for corporations,
We run it for people!"

We're harnessing the wind power
In eastern Washington
And in West Virginia, we've begun to plug into the sun

Down in Cape Canaveral,
A woman knows her place
Making equal pay, taking America to space

And all of these are victories
Adding up along the way
We're gonna make it happen gonna see a better day
We're gonna make it happen gonna see a better day
But it's only going to happen when we all stand up and say

I'M IN
I'M IN
I'm in for the loss, in for the win
Head to the toes, bones to the skin

I'M IN
I'M IN
I'm in for the loss, in for the win
Head to the toes, bones to the skin
I'M IN

Don't forget . . .

Fifth Annual Intolerista Wingding (with Roy Zimmerman and Jeanne McHale)
June 21, 2013, 6 pm - 10 pm
1912 Center (Moscow, Idaho)
Beer, Wine, Sodas, and Munchies provided by "Blues, Brews, and BBQ"
Admission is FREE

Seeya round town, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com