[Vision2020] Grenade From WWII Found In Shed

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 16:13:47 PDT 2012

This happened in my neighborhood when I was about 8 years old while living in Spring Valley, San Diego, about 8 miles from El Cajon where this grenade was found. A house two doors down was getting some renovations done and one of the workers found a grenade. I remember all the police and fire department trucks and cars in the neighborhood and we were not allowed back into our houses for several hours.

I am wondering if the government dumped leftover ammunition on what was then the eastern edge of San Diego and mostly government owned property. There have been lots of these reports throughout the decades on this area. Googling "San Diego" and "grenade" gets over 2 million hits, mostly news stories of found grenades. This area It is about 11 to 15 miles east of the San Diego Naval Base, which was and still is the largest military base on the west coast and during WWII.

Donovan J. Arnold