[Vision2020] [corrected] Hmmm . . .

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Fri May 25 22:47:48 PDT 2012

Joe,

You asked, 'But what if it were a different drug? What if your friend were shooting up?'

My position is the same; I would decriminalize them all. I think the War of Drugs is a complete failure, and I don't support laws like frequenting. It lets the state criminalize everyone who's there, not just those in possession or using.

'What if your friend was a fireman taking oxycodon? Would it matter then?'

If someone is under the influence of oxycodone in a job like that, then yes, I think it's a problem. But I'm not joining the parade demanding random tests for firefighters or police officers. You should have a reason to test someone, not just impose tests on all.

Sunil