[Vision2020] Everything you need to know about fossil fuel subsidies in one image.

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat May 19 16:59:12 PDT 2012

   Dear friends,

   A week ago we launched a hard-hitting new campaign at 350.org: an all-out
   push to end fossil fuel subsidies.

   Well, that campaign has caught fire. Thousands of people are signing on
   every day -- but your voice is still missing.

   Take a minute to add your name: [1]

http://www.350.org/subsidies

   Instead of telling you all the details about fossil fuel subsidies, I
   thought I'd share a few numbers that really make the case:

   [2]Subsidies Counter: visit www.350.org/subsidies to see full version

   [3]Here's a live version of that counter that really drives the point
   home. Watching that bottom number tick up with every passing second is
   pretty outrageous, but there's good news: we now have an opening to end
   these taxpayer handouts to corporate polluters. A new poll revealed that
   70% of Americans -- including majorities of Democrats, Independents, and
   Republicans -- support ending fossil fuel subsidies.

   If you think it's time we stopped giving billions of dollars to the
   companies that are polluting our air, super-heating our planet, and
   distorting our democracy, the most important thing you can do is [4]sign
   on today and spread the word.

   More soon,

   Jamie Henn for the 350.org Team

   P.S. To help this campaign keep growing, can you forward on this email and
   [5]share the campaign on Facebook?

   MORE LINKS AND INFO

   Do Americans support or oppose subsidies for fossil fuels? |  Yale Project
   on Climate Change Communication [6]go.350.org/KqKbfH