[Vision2020] My Grandma Turned 96

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 15:25:16 PDT 2012

This is so awesome to me. My Grandma Roberta Anderson Arnold turned 96 years old on the 7th. She was born in 1916. Her father was born in 1871. Image having a father that was too old to fight in the first World War. Her great grandfather was William Babington Garoutte. He was famous in Missouri for turning down Lincoln's commission as a Brigadier General to fight as a jr. Lt. for the Confederacy. I know, bummer, he was on the wrong side of that war.

My Grandmother has lived to see two world wars, the first planes fly, the landing on the moon, the television, the electronic computer, man go from horse to car, and about 90% of the world's inventions.

For her birthday, I am sending her copies of photos of her great-grandfather, and great-great-grandfather, which she has never seen but now can because of the Internet and the LDS genealogy website. She is as fond of genealogy as I am.

How old is your oldest living relative?

Donovan J. Arnold