[Vision2020] Vandal sports (redux)

Carl Westberg idahovandal1 at live.com
Wed May 9 13:38:07 PDT 2012

A conference that actually wants the University of Idaho........

		2NEWS.TV Boise, Idaho

		Are the Idaho Vandals off to the Big Sky?
		Originally printed at http://www.kboi2.com/sports/Idaho-Vandals-off-to-the-Big-Sky-Rob-Spear-150695545.html
		By Chris Nettleton
				                      May 8, 2012

									BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) - With the turmoil that is the Western
Athletic Conference, or maybe more accurately was the Western Athletic
Conference, the Idaho Vandals are searching for a new home. The Big Sky
Conference would like to suggest their old home.
							"It's no secret the Big Sky would love to have the University
of Idaho back in the conference, and we've got an opening," said
Assistant Commissioner for Media Relations Jon Kasper.
							Kasper went on to suggest the Vandals could even do so as a
non-football member, while keeping their FBS dreams alive as an
independent or whatever their future holds.
							That option seems like a win-win for Vandal Nation they gain
the regional rivalries fans like to see (and are more fiscally
responsible), while keeping their toe in the FBS waters.
							According to a source familiar with negotiations, the addition
 of Idaho (with or without football) is a matter of when ... not if.
When asked about the comment on Tuesday, Idaho Athletic Director Rob
Spear responded with this short answer.
							"That is their opinion. Our stance is what was communicated Friday."