[Vision2020] Highly religious people are less motivated by compassion than are non-believers

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Thu May 3 21:05:37 PDT 2012

Art Deco wrote, "But let us not be skeptical to the extent of: "Man
will never fly."

I am accept all factual claims only provisionally. That's an easy
position for me to take, because I have _literally_ no interest in the
supremacy of one theory versus another. If, tomorrow, the best
explanation for gravity became squadrons of fairies beating their
wings rapidly in unison, so be it.

I accept today that light is the ultimate speed in the universe
because that seems true, today. If that became "false" tomorrow, so be
it.

In other words, the assertion "man will never fly" has no place in my
current paradigm.