[Vision2020] Something you need to know

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 09:21:15 PDT 2012

NOPE, except for grammar, you didn't get anything right in that paragraph Mr. Hansen.

First, I am not afraid of losing my job. There are plenty of jobs in the health care field, sometimes 1/2 the jobs in the area. Second, I am not withholding the medications, they don't exist, the pharmacy didn't manufacture them or send them, they are not in the medication cart for me to give.

Third, I don't have the legal authority to assist with administering medication without medical orders. I am not a physician, and so I can not decide what medications can and cannot be given to someone. It is reckless endangerment and illegal for anyone other than a doctor, nurse practitioner, or PA to give medications or without their order. It is my job to see that a person in my care gets his or her medications and treatments correctly as ordered. If the HOLD medication order was not there, it would create a mountain of paperwork and legal lawsuits and questions as to why we didn't give a medication to a person in our care, which only is because the person didn't have insurance or cash to pay for it--not our unwillingness or neglect in providing competent care. And finally, I don't have anything illegal to report. It is perfectly legal in the US for a pharmacy to not manufacture and ship medications that a person has not paid for regardless
 of the doctor's prescription.

On the other issue, I don't think it is unethical for you to vote for a Republican. There are some Republicans worth a vote. It is unethical to swear in the court house and to the public as to being a Republican yourself when you are not one and know you are not one.  Would it not bother you if a bunch of Republicans registered as Democrats to vote in the Democratic Primary to oust Rep. Ringo for a more conservative candidate? It sure would me. You know why? Because it is wrong, that is why.

Donovan Arnold