[Vision2020] Question, V-Peeps . . .

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 11:08:11 PDT 2012

Let's see, whom should we tolerate?  Everyone?

How about paid hit-persons?  Should we tolerate them?

How about:

Meth makers, distributors, dealers?
Thieves?
Murders?
Con artists?
Pedophiles?
Crooked, self-serving politicians?

How about headmasters at private religious schools who commit statutory
rape, blame it on the victim, strip her of awards,and  make a pariah of
her?  How about the head of the religious cult that dictates what happens
at that school who suppresses the facts from law enforcement?
How about those that advocate theocracy?  The dearth penalty for
homosexuals? Second class citizenship for women?
Pastors that knowingly import suspected pedophiles into the community, and
then place them in a family with vulnerable young children with the result
that mare than one child in that family was sexually molested?
How about pastors that steal from church funds?
How about pastors that write about the supreme importance of marital
fidelity, but are unable to walk the talk?
How about those that advocate slavery, even giving it a Biblical
justification?  And those that dishonestly describe and praise Antebellum
slavery as a wonderful thing to the slaves?
What about those who willfully flaunt laws, and then lie to and manipulate
authorities to get away with it.
How about nice, gaga old religious pastors that take the side of the male
abuser in cases of child molestation/spousal abuse?
What about cults/churches//religious movements who hold the Doctrine of
Covenantal Dishonesty, where anything goes if, in their opinion, it
forwards the purposes of some alleged God?
Etc?
Etc?

Paul, you may be comfortable with yourself tolerating some or all of the
above, but I'm not with myself.

If a saw a child with a can of gasoline and a box of matches, I'd feel
compelled to act to prevent a tragedy.  If I found that someone was
operating a con, I'd feel compelled to act.

The fact is that each of us has a list, so to speak, of those things that
we believe cause great harm to society, and to particular individuals.
Some of us fell compelled to act to ameliorate those harms, if possible.

With Cultmaster Douglas Wilson, constructive debate is not possible.  He
knows it all, and has avowed that he never changes.

I once engaged constructively and secretly off-list with a high ranking
member of the cult.  I do not know if I influenced him, but he left the
cult.  It was clear before he left it that his changed positions were at
odds with the Cultmaster's theocracy.  Another debate with another member
resulted in the same.

In the film *Collision,* Wilson, in effect, admits that his beliefs are not
defensible/justifiable under ordinary epistemology, but he holds them (or
so he alleges) regardless.  Despite this, Wilson apodictically seeks to
impose the behavioral strictures of those beliefs on everyone.  I do not
care to be subject to such strictures, especially since they are based on
ignorance, superstition, and delusion --and  in Wilson's case, huge
ego-driven, lust for power and recognition delusions.  I do not believe
anyone should be involuntarily subject to such strictures.  History is
replete with horrid examples of what happens when religious strictures are
forced upon a population by egomaniacs and megalomaniacs.

Wilson may, to many, be a charming, disarming person.  So was Ted Bundy.
Charm has nothing to do with the truth of a belief or its harmfulness or
harmlessness, only with the ability to manipulate others into accepting
that belief as truth.

Many of the cult congregants appear to be nice, likeable people.  I see
many of them as victims.  But the fact remains they are allowing their
money and personal support to be used to promote homophobia, theocracy,
sexism, covenantal dishonesty, racism, unrealistic/freedom denying
ethics/laws, etc.  I'm not going to help them get money to do this.  Nor am
I going to reward such behavior in other ways.  I am going to discourage it
to all.

Here is the tolerance that the cult can expect from me:  Freedom to express
their ideas.  [I wish they'd do it more and more openly since they are such
easy targets].  Once they express their beliefs and/or act on them, then
all immunity for the harmfulness and absurdity of those beliefs ceases to
exist.  In my opinion beliefs and corresponding actions based on
superstitious and delusional religious dogma do not merit any kind of pass,
especially when the results are harm.

In fact, despite your objections, I will continue to point out the
absurdities, crimes, inflictions, etc of the cult.  Your objections serve
to make it clear that I should do so even more vigorously in the future.  I
have been putting off a research project about one aspect of the cult for
some time due to the size of it; now you have motivated me to get on with
it.

If you wish to learn about intolerance and the world view that Cultmaster
Douglas Wilson wishes to impose, see just below.  I do not want to live in
that kind of world, and I suspect many others fell the same way.  The way
to prevent such things from happening is to speak out and act against them
with rigor and vigor.

w.

>From *Credenda/Agenda* (Christ Church Cult Official Organ), by Gregory
Dickison [Comments added]:

<http://www.credenda.org/old/issues/vol3/magi3-9.htm>

*Your Eye Shall Not Pity*

"The* civil magistrate* is the minister of God to execute wrath on the
wrongdoer (Rom. 13:4). God has not left his civil minister without guidance
on how to exercise his office. The Scriptures set forth clear standards of
judgment for many offenses. Capital crimes, for example, include *premeditated
killing (murder), kidnapping, sorcery, bestiality, adultery, homosexuality,
and cursing one's parents*..."

"In contemporary American jurisprudence, none of these offenses is
punishable by death, with the occasional exception of murder. The
magistrates have dispensed with God's standards of justice. Some Christians
believe this is an improvement. They would be horrified to think that the
"harsh" penalties of the law should still be applied. Sometimes this is the
result of the *mistaken belief* that the Old Testament has no further
application after the advent of Christ. This is an exegetical problem. Too
often, it is the result of a sinful view of the criminal. *This sin is
called pity.*"

*"If your brother, the son of your mother, your son or your daughter, the
wife of your bosom, or your friend who is as your own soul, secretly
entices you, saying, "Let us go and serve other gods,". . . you shall not
consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you
spare him or conceal him; but you shall surely kill him..."* [Comment:  *
Heresy*: Beware, ye not of the cult!]

*"If two men fight together, and the wife of one draws near to rescue her
husband from the hand of the one attacking him, and puts out the hand and
seizes him by the genitals, then you shall cut off her hand; your eye shall
not pity her..." *

God commands the judge to evaluate the *crime* rather than the criminal. *If
the crime is one for which God requires death, then death must be the
punishment.* Your eye *shall not pity*. *Neither is the repentance of the
accused relevant to the imposition of the sentence.*

"Thus, the Bible teaches that pity is not an option where God has decided
the matter. The [civil] magistrate, God's minister, is to faithfully
execute justice according to God's standard, not man's... This means that
we must return to an obedience which confines pity within the bounds which
God has established for us."

--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
art.deco.studios at gmail.com