[Vision2020] Christians and abortion: The Other View

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Wed Mar 21 08:30:55 PDT 2012

Good morning, Visionaires,

For those who are convinced that their Christian faith, or the faith of others, requires a militant "no-abortion-under-any-circumstances" view on reproductive rights, I'd like to recommend the following article from the Religious Coalition on Reproductive Choice:

http://rcrc.org/pdf/RCRC_EdSeries_Personhood.pdf

This explains better than anything I've ever read what I mean, for example, when I say that while abortion is the ending of a human life, it is not the "murder" of a PERSON -- and the decision should not be the provenance of government to make.  It's a long one, but well worth the effort, and evangelicals will recognize some names -- Stott, Criswell, Waltke -- who held to views of abortion that might surprise them.

Good stuff that results in a profound reverence for life -- something lacking in the "pro-life" camp that's come to define evangelicalism.

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com