[Vision2020] Legislative Newsletter IX March 5-9, 2012

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 06:41:40 PDT 2012

 Rep. Trail writes;

"Jim Weatherby, an astute political observer here in Boise, pointed that in the primary in 2008 that about 140,000 Republicans voted as contrasted with the 44,000 who voted last Tuesday. He feels that the caucus system tends to disenfranchise many of our citizens."

It looks like the Republicans are accomplishing their goals. Maybe in 2016 they can disenfranchise more people and get it down to about 1,000 by only allowing people that get a VIP invitation and donate $10000 to the Party to be able to attend.  You cannot just be letting any old person in Idaho show up at a caucus and vote for the Republican Party Primary Candidates now can you?

This is the way Idaho Republicans Party leaders think. And it is no wonder so many of the few remaining good people in the Idaho Legislature are moving on by not running again.

Donovan Arnold