[Vision2020] Fw: Isn't it ironic

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Mar 6 12:28:20 PST 2012

Saundra
Of course it is illegal, that is part of the reason for the sign. That does not change the basic truth of the statement. Animals should be treated humanly.  There are times when it is legitimate to feed wild animal. In severe winters hay is dropped to elk and deer to keep them from starving. The point is that people who become dependant on handouts may not try very hard to find work. The first winter at Jamestown, it was everyone should take care of everyone. There was starvation that winter. The next year everyone was to provide for themselves and there was plenty of food. Again those that are unable to take care of themselves should be provided for. And for a short time those that are down on their luck, but this should be of short duration. I know of people with disabilities that still are able to fend for themselves. My daughter has a mild form of Narcolepsy an  does not drive. She takes care of two small children, runs a Yoga Studio, works at the Pullman Aquatic Center !
 and
teaches a course at WSU.  A neighbor here in Genesee supposedly has Epilepsy. He is about 55, appears to be able bodied and drives. He receives a disability payment from SS, lives in low income housing and receives food stamps.  He has a MS in Psychology.  He has not worked that I know of  since he has been in Genesee. I know of several other people who have epilepsy, are on Dilantin and work, including my brother. Again it is fine to help those that are down on their luck for a short time, but do not make it perpetual.
incidently I like your Burke by line. I use it myself. He was a Conservative you know.
Roger