[Vision2020] perhaps an apology?

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sat Mar 3 18:47:08 PST 2012

Visionaires,

I was struck by the display of courage evinced by my friend, Saundra Lund, as she relayed her encounter with a mall-preaching Doug Wilson some 20 years ago while she breastfed her child, and I have written to tell her how much I appreciate her comments.

But then I started thinking . . .

Really, those of us who like to think we're fair-minded people ought to extend to Wilson an opportunity, now that the grievance has been aired -- and it is appropriate to discuss public bad behavior publicly -- to offer Saundra his apology for a confrontation that can only be described as unpleasant, ill-considered, and uncharitable.  I would suggest the standard I hold myself to when I've committed a public error or offense:  an immediate, specific, and public apology.  But that's just a suggestion; I'm sure Wilson will know how to proceed.

I'm aware that while he himself might not be a regular Vision reader, plenty of people point out posts of interest to him, and so I'd like to ask him if he'd care to apologize to Saundra -- or if he still considers his admonition and counsel wise, loving, and insightful.

So, Mr. Wilson -- what say you?

Keely
www.keely-prevailingwinds.com