[Vision2020] Constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act(Obamacare) . . .

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 30 15:32:45 PDT 2012

Tom,

Facts frequently don't agree with your statements.

First, every person that goes to the emergency room pays for it. Hospitals immediately sue anyone that doesn't pay them for services rendered.  Check any courthouse and see who has the record for suing people, after financial services it is health care providers and hospitals.

In addition, if you bothered to look at the numbers, the taxes on alcohol consumed by mostly the young, that goes to hospitals for emergency care more than covers the costs they acquire for indigent care. Hospitals just want to keep the money, which they get to if they don't have any indigents. It is government health insurance, like Tricare, Medicaid, and Medicare that puts hospitals in the hole and raises the rates for private insurance, not indigents that are covered by taxes.

Second, this doesn't change the fact that insurance and health care is still unaffordable for most families without assistance, which most won't get. Nor will it improve the quality of health care.

Third, I haven't met anyone [HIYAHIDNNHI] that doesn't have insurance simple because they don't want to pay it. All the people I have met without insurance are people that cannot afford it, like the young or middle class with health problems or a disability, who have a 25%-50% unemployment rate.

Finally, there is a reason no other country in the world has a plan like this one, it won't work, unless you are rich, or dirt poor. It in fact might be cheaper to make less just so you can get health insurance for free then make a little more and have to pay the huge premiums and copays yourself.

Donovan J. Arnold