[Vision2020] Old vs. Young

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 24 12:46:57 PDT 2012

As people's experiences and education vary, so will their views. Today's liberal thinker is tomorrow's conservative thinker. So I prefer the term progressive. You are a progressive if your viewpoints will be closer to that of the average person tomorrow and beyond. You are a conservative if your viewpoints are closer to that of the average person yesterday and before.
For example, the average legislator in Washington State votes like someone in 2030 will. The average legislator in
Political beliefs are usually like a bell curve, with most people in the middle and a few on the outer edges. The problem with our political system is that the outliers, the most extreme liberal and conservatives, are the ones in power, which means we are always at conflict and nothing gets done.

Donovan J. Arnold