[Vision2020] Court sides with AP, news groups over execution

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 10 17:22:36 PDT 2012

I don['t believe this lawsuit has a single thing to do with televising executions. Nothing.
It has to do with the press being able to view the government's taking of life. The states that kill people by lethal injection claim that it is humane.
Do we take them at their word? Or does someone from the press watch, in order to see if the state is telling the truth?
I for one don't think we should take state spokespeople at their word. These killings should not be shrouded in secrecy. We should be able to know what is going on when the state takes a life.
Sunil