[Vision2020] The King of Kack-handedness

Rosemary Huskey donaldrose at cpcinternet.com
Fri Jun 1 22:39:25 PDT 2012

I am no fan of Jonah Goldberg.  On the other hand, the notion that because
he and Dougels share  some philosophical and political positions that Mr.
Goldberg is on his way to converting to Christianity is just plain insulting
and nutty.  What a jackass!

Rose Huskey

Douglas Wilson On TOC
<http://www.nationalreview.com/tyranny-blog/301570/douglas-wilson-toc>

By Jonah Goldberg <http://www.nationalreview.com/author/56454>

June 1, 2012 12:46 P.M.
<http://www.nationalreview.com/tyranny-blog/301570/douglas-wilson-toc>

<http://www.nationalreview.com/tyranny-blog/301570/douglas-wilson-toc#commen
t-bar> Comments

0

A very nice review.
<http://www.dougwils.com/Book-Review/book-of-the-monthjune-2012.html>  This
part caught my eye, though:

I enjoyed this book almost as much as I enjoyed his Liberal Fascism.
Goldberg combines the best of libertarianism and conservatism in a way that
is quite conducive to my taste. The only thing he is missing is the
Christian foundation (he writes as a secular Jew), but his miss is a whole
lot closer to the truth than the groveling that many Christians engage in
when they apologize for things in Christian history that either require no
apology, or which require a very different apology than the one being
demanded. Goldberg is about as fair-minded as it gets. I suspect his
fair-mindedenss is a function of having thought about conversion more than
once.

I hear this quite a bit and I must say that it's really not the case. I
think the sources of what Wilson sees as my fair-mindedness are more likely
the result of my upbringing (I was raised Jewish but my mother never
<http://www.nationalreview.com/tyranny-blog/301570/douglas-wilson-toc>
converted to Judaism) and my genuinely conservative fondness for old
institutions, like the Catholic Church, Catholic writers (like Chesterton,
William F. Buckley et al) and my genuine love for America and Western
Civilization, both of which grew out of the (Judeo-)Christian experience. If
a conversion is in the offing it will probably be to a more committed form
of Judaism.

http://www.nationalreview.com/tyranny-blog/301570/douglas-wilson-toc