[Vision2020] Fascinating Yet Disturbing

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 10:37:06 PDT 2012

Attached is article on forensic linguistics from *The New Yorker*.

Conde Nast, publisher of *The New Yorker*, has made it difficult to simply
copy an article, hence it must be first sent to Adobe Acrobat or a similar
pdf generator.

Perhaps fruitlessly, I hope that local attorneys, both prosecution and
defense, on this list would offer opinions as well as anyone else.  The
subject is not as new as the article implies, but this is one of the first
really insightful mainstream articles on this subject.  It discusses both
the accomplishments, potentials, and pitfalls.

I wonder what would have happened in the Meister murder trials if Meister's
confession had been subjected to this kind of analysis.

w.
--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)
art.deco.studios at gmail.com