[Vision2020] It’s Mitt Romney Who Doesn’t Understand America

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 10:37:29 PDT 2012

 July 18, 2012
It’s Mitt Romney Who Doesn’t Understand America
Posted by Alex Koppelman<http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/bios/alex_koppelman/search?contributorName=Alex%20Koppelman>

[image: romney-capitalism.jpg]

The politically correct way to think about American inventors, innovators,
and entrepreneurs, it seems, is to imagine them as divorced entirely from
the rest of us: they rise up from the loamy soil of capitalism already
fully formed, Model T or iPod in hand.

That, at least, is the impression that’s been given by some
Republicans—including Mitt Romney—in the past couple days, since President
Obama got himself in trouble by saying this at a speech on