[Vision2020] Ques. For you: What is Most Important in a Relationship?

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:56:15 PDT 2012

Another great post, Donovan! And you nail it on the head when you say
that you can't be in a relationship without changing someone. This
gets to the heart of my favorite topic: the problem of free will and
determinism.

Can you be determined to change and still change freely? That is the
question. There is always influence. Is the influence in accordance
with your will (something about which you were in control, and could
have refused if you had wanted to) or against it (forced upon you, you
were hypnotized, you were asleep, etc.)?

I'm not saying that's the only question; I'm just fixated on free will. Joe