[Vision2020] Researchers say aerosols from small volcanic eruptions could cool climate

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 12:13:43 PDT 2012

Scott writes;

"Altruism exists, I just found it seemingly inconsistent that Donovan was belly aching about too much greed in the world on one thread and then in a separate thread bemoaning about Obamacare's negative affect on his own wallet and him not getting anything in return from it."

What is inconsistent? I am more than willing to give a percentage of my income for universal health care in this country. But Obamacare doesn't help anyone, unless you are an insurance company. So it isn't altruistic to be for it.  If Obamacare improved overall care of people, reduced costs, and gave access to health care for all, I would agree. But is doesn't. It is just a tax for being poor. To me, that is greed.

You claim, "Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit."

I disagree. Self preservation is a necessary instinct. Interest in improving the well being of yourself, family, and friends is natural. But greed destroys the community, relationships, and people's lives. There is a difference between taking what you need and being secure and comfortable versus that of destroying other people to get a great deal more than you need.

Greed is why we are in a financial crisis now. And greed was the reason we were in the last financial crisis.

Donovan J. Arnold