[Vision2020] The Way It Was Meant to Be . . .

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 23:04:16 PDT 2012

Yes, it is unfair for the government to needlessly block customer access to a business. Especially when the business is paying for that access. Do you honestly think the government knows what is better for a business than the owner of that business? That is a ludicrous claim, Council member Steed.

This is just another example of why downtown and small businesses suffer, fail to develop, and turn over so frequently, there is no respect for them and their needs. Nobody even listens to them. It sure would be nice to have a pro-business city council again or at least one that acknowledges their concerns are legitimate. It seems the only time the city council is pro business is when it comes to Exxon Mobile wanting to violate nature and personal property.

Your two statements are equally illogical;

"Is it unfair to have several hundred persons within 20' of a business that many may not have ever known was there?"

"A Transportation Commission survey of downtown customers a few years ago showed they did not mind parking more than a block from a business they wanted to access."

If they are downtown customers they already know the businesses that are downtown.

On a positive note, I am glad to see Mr. Steed, you have figured out how to use email. Welcome to the 21st century.

Donovan J. Arnold