[Vision2020] Say What?

Gier, Nicholas ngier at uidaho.edu
Wed Jan 25 19:38:39 PST 2012

Hi Keeley,

Do have an automatic translator on your e-mail program?  That looked like Tamil script to me, but I don't read Tamil.

Nick

Nicholas F. Gier, Professor Emeritus
Department of Philosophy, University of Idaho
"The Palouse Pundit" on Radio Free Moscow, 92.5 FM
President, Idaho Federation of Teachers, AFT/AFL-CIO www.idaho-aft.org/ift.htm
208-882-9212, 410 Samaritan Lane, Moscow, ID 83843

“Enlightenment is man’s emergence from his self-imposed immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one’s understanding without guidance from another. This immaturity is self- imposed when its cause lies not in lack of understanding, but in lack of resolve and courage to use it without guidance from another. Sapere Aude! ‘Have courage to use your own understand-ing!—that is the motto of enlightenment.

--Immanuel Kant

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

-Greek proverb