[Vision2020] Corportations and political spending

Robert Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Fri Jan 20 12:05:01 PST 2012

Thinking outside the box, yet again.

I would favor some restrictions on corporate campaign donations. But I might
suggest that there might be a loophole that I might rather enjoy. The
corporations might be prevented from giving moolah directly to PACs and
whatnot, but could be allowed to give money back directly to individuals
instead. I'd love to get a couple hundred grand every four years or so to do
with whatever I want to support my favorite candidates. (.and take that much
needed vacation in Cancun.)

Or how about this idea: Give deep discounts to product purchasers if they
pledge to vote for candidate X or Y. This would benefit the people and
stimulate the economy,yet allow corporations to have a say in campaign
politics.

But, why not simply allow us to elect corporations to political office?
Oops, I almost forgot.. they're sort of already in political office,.
(doesn't "President Monsanto" sound rather elegant though?)

---------------Recently rec'd from MoveOn.org:

"Two years ago this week, the Supreme Court ruled in Citizens United that
corporations have the constitutional right to spend unlimited money
influencing our elections... There are two big things President Obama could
do right now that would start to turn the tide: 1) He could sign an
executive order ., and 2) he could declare his strong support for a
constitutional amendment to get big money out of politics permanently.

Bob Dickow, troublemaker "