[Vision2020] Borden and Universal Health Care Use the Same Business Model

Jay Borden jborden at datawedge.com
Thu Jan 19 19:47:27 PST 2012

No, I don't think I misunderstand you.  You're asking me to defend a
position I never made, nor have I ever talked about, nor is the topic of
current discussion...

If you truly want my answer, then it's "none of the above".  I don't
believe police or fire protection need to be 100% in the realm of
private enterprise, nor 100% in the realm of government.  I believe much
of these areas can be left to our community.

When I was in high school, I was in a town 100% serviced by a volunteer
fire department and volunteer EMT's... (my mother being part of both).
We have a (partial) volunteer fire department here, and continual calls
for participation in a citizen's academy with the local police force.
In addition, we have a constitutional right to bear arms, and the right
to protect ourselves, our family, and our property... (yet we see more
and more cases where citizens are blamed for not calling in the police
department prior to defending themselves... ).

So, no, I don't see government as the only answer in these areas... but
to assume that just because I don't see something in the realm of
government, it MUST mean that I see some sort of free-market solution as
the answer?

As far as the rest of your post?  You're for many of the same end goals
that I am... but I've always found it interesting that people (from the
right and the left) lamenting the loss of their civil liberties always
seem to be in favor of programs that pretend to know what's better for
everyone, and regulate/restrict behavior and options according to their
plan.

After that... the only other thing I know about you is that you're a
faster typist than I am.

Jay