[Vision2020] More Proof Preventative Health Care Saves

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Jan 18 11:56:27 PST 2012

Jay Borden stated:

"I can tell you first-hand my experiences on how human behavior changes as soon as fiscal responsibility to pay is shifted to the individual as opposed to a faceless 3rd party."

Care to share some of your "first-hand experiences", Mr. Borden?

Or perhaps I should share some of mine . . . after spending 30+ days in the waiting room of Sacred Heart Medical Center's ICU (12/15/2011 - 1/17/2012), like . . .

. . . the one I mentioned earlier concerning the patient, whose activity on the left side of his brain was ever so slowly recovering, and his mother who was extremely concerned about how her son's medical care was going to be financed . . . two months after he was laid off, and

. . . the family who, while their father lay terminally ill not fifty feet down the ICU hallway, were openly discussing who was going to contribute how much to pay their father's medical bills, after having already cashed in his life insurance, and . . .

. . . remember that fatal accident that happened about two miles outside of Reardan, Washington (reported in the Spokesman-Review) on New Year's Eve.  The critically injured were transported to SHMC ER and in to ICU.  Talk about a reality wake-up call . . .

Care to share yours with us, Mr. Borden?

Seeya later, Moscow.

Tom Hansen
Post Falls, Idaho

"If not us, who?