[Vision2020] 5% of Americans Made Up 50% of U.S. Healthcare Spending

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 09:54:42 PST 2012

5% of Americans Made Up 50% of U.S. Healthcare Spending

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/5-americans-made-50-u-195410001.html

"By comparison, the bottom half paid an average $232 and made up about 3% of total costs."

I figure if we are all paying for most the medical costs already in Social Security, medicaid, medicare, property tax exemptions, and higher premiums anyway, why not spring an extra 3% and cover the medical costs of everyone else? We would make that cost up easily in preventing illness.

Why does it make more sense to Republican Leadership to pay $1.75 trillion to have privatized health care and Medicare that only covers 55% of the people, when we can spend $1.5 trillion through a private payer federal government program and cover 99% of the people?  There philosphy makes for bad math, bad politics, bad economics, and such a bad job of loving they neighbor that it can be nothing but sinful.

Donovan Arnold