[Vision2020] 3rd Street...

Robert Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Tue Jan 3 12:16:47 PST 2012

The 3rd street extension was a hot topic some years back. As usual with such
city planning, factors such as residential impact, traffic pattern
implications, and cost (of the bridge engineering, crosswalks, signage,
etc), plus the size of the road approaches, visibility, blah, blah, blah. It
gets complicated. Local residents didn't like the idea much, of course,
since that's a nice quiet little area down there at the end of 3rd (noise
from Mt. View notwithstanding). Gosh, I live on 6th street, and 6th was
impacted in a big way when they built the road extension up through what
used to be just a quaint little wheat farm. The price of progress.

Bob Dickow, troublemaker