[Vision2020] Fw: On Ron Paul and Racism

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 2 09:42:28 PST 2012

Waiyne,

I said 'currently' because right now, Obama would end up leaving gay marriage to the states, as he does not yet support it. Once he does (as I expect him to eventually) then his position will be different.

Ron Paul's position is bigoted, I think. Obama's is cowardly, as he's still afraid to lose bigots' votes. The 'I support civil unions but not gay marriage' position is a silly split-the-baby attempt to placate both sides. Gay rights is the only place I see Obama behaving like a progressive, and I think he and his team have decided it won't hurt him; I think it's a bone they've decided they can throw the left.

But here we are, again discussing anything but Obama's foreign policies again.

Sunil