[Vision2020] Fw: On Ron Paul and Racism

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 1 10:56:24 PST 2012

Wayne,

Thanks for addressing the issues I raised. I do disagree with you re. the first Iraq war, as well as pre-emptive attacks etc in point 2, but really want to address your thought that the Supreme Court can/should address the constitutionality of such matters. I think it's unlikely the court can address any of these matters in a timely manner, or that it will. I think we ought not to elect people willing to abuse their power, and seize power they do not constitutionally possess, with the hope that the court will reign them in. Look what happened to the suit Anwar al-Awlaki's father filed. The Feds will seek to have such suits dismissed, and the courts will go along with the Feds.

If the courts do address these matters, my fear is that they will simply hand the government a blank check. Fine if you believe in such abuses. Repugnant to me.

Sunil